top of page
Matthias Baldwin Park (formerly Franklin Town Park)
The whole two-acre park is a Percent for Art Project
Athena Tacha, 1991
Video Arbor, 1990, Nam June Paik
One Franklin Town Apartments
1 Franklin Town Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pa, 19103
Goldilocks, 2007, Ming Fay
Tivoli Condominiums Lobby
1900 Hamilton Street, Philadelphia, Pa, 19130
Neon for Buttonwood, 1990, Stephen Anotonakos
2001 Hamilton Sreet, Philadelphia, Pa, 19130
City View Condominiums
How to Retain Site Memory While Developing the Landscape, 1990, Winifred Lutz
2001 Hamilton Street, Philadelphia, Pa, 19130
City View Condominiums, east driveway
Rassambleau, 2018, Cliff Garten
The Alexander Apartments Courtyard
300 Alexander Court, Philadelphia, Pa, 19103
Synergy, 1987, Albert Paley
North x Northwest Apartments
450 North 18th Street, Philadelphia, Pa, 19130
The Freedom Ring, 1994, Artists as posted.
Community College of Philadelphia, between 17th and 18th Streets
Neglected and untitled Percent for Art sculpture at the base of the ramp from 20th Street.
The colorful piece by artist David Stoltz was mounted on stone blocks from the retaining walls of the Callowhill Cut and rigged up with PVC pipes to function as a fountain. The transverse white PVC pipe seen at the top of the stones is perforated, allowing water to flow with a waterfall effect over the staggered stones. This was installed in 1999 after the police station move and the Whole Foods construction. It is covered with grime now, but the inset shows how it appeared when created by Stoltz in the 1980s. The fountain is not operating.
Strange place for "public" art.
Inside the lobby of the Community College of Philadelphia Center for Business and Industry at the northeast corner of Callowhill Street and Franklin Town Boulevard. It is visible from the outside, but just barely.
Athena Tacha, artist for Connections, visiting the Park in 2013.
Connections is her title for the two-acre stone and landscape creation that is the Park.
bottom of page