The Pennsylvania Historical & Museum

       with

                 The Logan Square Neighborhood Association

       and

           The Friends of Franklintown Park

Cordially invite you to the dedication of an official State Historical Marker

        Commemorating Baldwin Locomotive Works, 1835 – 1956

 

     

In 1835 Matthias Baldwin built Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia’s Bush Hill, now known as Franklintown.  Expanding from its original site at Broad & Hamilton Streets to encompass 39 buildings covering 17 acres, it became the leading manufacturer of steam locomotives for the U.S. and the world. This area was transformed from a rural estate into one of the City’s first factory neighborhoods.  At its peak in 1907, Baldwin employed over 18,000 men. Production ceased in 1956.

             Saturday, September 26, 2009

       2:00 p.m.

      Please join us at

        The Franklintown Park

        19th & Hamilton Sts.

        Philadelphia, PA

Matthias Baldwin Park 

423 N 19th St 

Philadelphia, PA 19130

Friends of Matthias Baldwin Park is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to preserve the Matthias Baldwin Park

© 2018 Friends of Matthias Baldwin Park